Remove Back Cover of Samsung S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Melissa Meyer, Eng
This is part of the Howik on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main Howik on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 Howik Articles
Like most Samsung Galaxy devices, Samsung Galaxy S4 has a replaceable battery which can be taken out by removing the back cover of S4. The back cover hides the three of the most important items on your phone: the SIM card, the memory card and the battery.
Things to consider before removing the battery cover
- 1Do not hold the phone in the air while removing the back cover.It would be much safer if you lay it on a flat surface to prevent it from accidentally dropping.2Lay your phone on a clean and soft surface.Though the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen is strong enough to withstand scratches, your screen protector may not be. Impurities and small particles may make a scratch on average screen protectors.3The back cover is made of a flexible and high quality material.It should not break or chip off easily. That should not be a reason to remove it in a rush though. Being careful is always better.4
Removing the back cover of Samsung Galaxy S4
Carefully follow these procedures to be able to remove the back cover of your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- 1Put your phone on a clean and soft flat surface.2Position the fingernail of your index finger in the small gap at the upper-right corner of your phone.34Run your finger through the unattached portions of the back cover.5You have now successfully removed the back cover of your phone.6
What you can do with the cover removed
- 1You can view some of your phone information at the back of the phone (directly covered by the battery).234
Installing the back cover of Samsung Galaxy S4
Carefully follow these procedures to be able to install the back cover of your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- 1Put your phone on a clean and soft flat surface.2Position the battery to the back of your phone.3Start by pressing firmly and gently pressing on one of the edges.4Run through all the edges of your phone, ending it on the gap at the upper-right portion of the back.5You have now successfully installed the back cover of your phone.6
Questions and Answers
My cover is not opening and i cant help in it?
It is very hard to remove,i tried the way you told but still
If you are having a hard time opening the back cover of your Samsung Galaxy S4, follow these procedures:
- Make sure your finger nails can get through the gap as stated on this article. If your finger nails are too short, then you may not be able to pull the cover up.
- You can also use a small hard object as a replacement for your finger nails. If your nails are too short, using objects that are small enough to fit into the gap but strong enough not to break when you use it as a lever to pull the back cover out. Just make sure that you do this slowly and securely so you won't damage your phone nor the cover.
- Ask assistance from others. If you are too young, too weak, or for whatever other reasons, ask the help from someone who is more able. This will ensure that the job is done without causing damage to your device.
Recent edits by: Melissa Meyer, Lynn, Leomar Umpad
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 6,942 times.