Install SIM Card and Battery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Howik Admin, Eng, Lynn
This is part of the Howik on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note 3 Howik Articles
This article will discuss on how to properly install the SIM card and battery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Installing SIM card and battery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 1Turn over your phone.Remove the back cover, starting from the gap on the upper left part of the cover. Make sure that you do this carefully so as not to damage your fingernails nor the cover. Though the back cover is made up of flexible and high resistance plastic, it won't hurt if you take extra care in removing it. From the gap, run your fingers to the other side of the back cover until it is completely removed.2Insert the SIM card with the terminals facing downwards. The SIM card slot is designed not to allow wrong insertion of SIM card.When you are having a hard time inserting the SIM card, chances are, you are doing it wrong. Take note that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses a micro-SIM card. Push the SIM card up into the SIM slot until it locks in place.3Insert the battery. Slowly slide your battery into your device, making sure that the battery terminals touch the terminals of your Note 3.Again this is an error-proof procedure, as your battery will not fit into your device if you insert it the wrong way.4Put back the battery cover. Slowly put the battery cover on the back of your phone, then gently press on the sides with the arrow starting with the upper-right part.5You are done with installing the SIM card and battery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.6
Removing SIM card and battery on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 1Remove the back cover, starting from the gap on the upper left part of the cover.Make sure that you do this carefully so as not to damage your fingernails nor the cover. Though the back cover is made of flexible and high resistance plastic, it won't hurt if you take extra care with removing it. From the gap, run your fingers to the other side of the back cover until it is completely removed.2Pull out the battery, starting from the gap on the bottom part of the battery and phone.Gently pull up your battery from the gap, as indicated in the arrow on the drawing below. You should be able to easily remove the battery.3Remove the SIM card by gently pressing it and sliding it down until it is taken out of the SIM card slot.4If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
- Take note: You cannot remove the SIM card without removing the battery first.
Questions and Answers
1. Could not get it (SIM) to slide in and lock?
Check SIM slot for foreign objects
If you are not able to slide in and lock your SIM card to the SIM card slot of your Galaxy Note 3, then do the following fixes:
- . Any object on the SIM slot will cause the SIM card to not fit in. Make sure that your SIM slot is free from external objects or any impurities that may block the SIM card.
- . Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses a micro-SIM card. Make sure that you are using one. Using a nano-SIM card will not allow the SIM card to be locked; using a mini-SIM (ordinary SIM) card will not allow entry to the SIM slot as the SIM is too large.
- . The SIM card should be inserted with the terminals facing down and the diagonal side of it should be to the right. If you do not insert your SIM card properly and in the right position, then your SIM card will not slide in and will not lock into the SIM card slot.
- . Any dents or damage on the SIM card will disfigure the SIM, disallowing entry of the said SIM card to the SIM slot.
2. I cannot get the SIM card out from the SIM slot?
Remove the battery
If you are not able to remove the SIM card from the SIM slot, then do the following fixes:
- . The battery is obstructing your SIM card from being taken out. Make sure that you remove the battery first before you take out your SIM card
- . Pushing the SIM card in will cause the mechanism on the SIM slot to release the SIM card down. If you cannot do it with your fingernails, try to use a small and clean pointed object to push the SIM card.
- . If, for some reason, the pushing mechanism of your Note 3 is defective, you can still remove the SIM card by attaching tape to it and slowly sliding it out of the SIM slot.
3. The SIM card does not fit into the slot?
You are using the wrong SIM type
If you SIM card does fit into the SIM slot, then you have either one of the following cases:
- . Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses a micro SIM card. Other SIM card types won't fit into the slot as it is solely designed for a micro SIM card. Below is a picture of the SIM type. Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses the same card as the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2.
- . Check your SIM slot for any impurities or foreign materials on it. If there are any, gently remove them using a small object that will fit in the slot. Make sure that you are doing it gently so as not do any damage to the SIM slot.
- . The SIM slot is designed to be a perfect fit for the SIM card. If your SIM card has dents on it, this may create irregular shapes on the SIM card, disabling it from being inserted into the SIM slot. If this is the case, you can straighten the dent so your SIM card will now fit into the slot.
- . Check if your SIM slot has any dents on it. This may cause the SIM card to get stuck and not properly fit into the SIM slot. If the SIM slot is dented, try to straighten up the dent to allow access of your SIM card.
- . The SIM card is meant to be inserted in the right orientation. Read the section above on how to properly insert the phone. Make sure that you follow it to avoid any problems.
4. We can't get the SIM card in. It seems too big?
You could possibly be using the wrong SIM card. As what as this article states, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses a micro-SIM card. If your SIM is too big to fit into the SIM slot, then you are using the Mini SIM card i.e, regular SIM card. If this is your case you have two options:
- Cut your SIM card.
- Download the SIM-Cutting Template.
- Print the template in full scale and use an A4 paper.
- Tape the SIM into the first template.
- Mark the outlines of the lines that will be cut using a ruler and marker.
- Cut through the lines using a cutter.
- Buy/get a new SIM card. You can get a new SIM card from your carrier. You can still retain the same number for a small fee.
5. Does samsung galaxy note 2 not take regular sim at all??even the cut version?
I bought a regular AT&T sim card at walgreens and i do know that samsung galaxy note2 requires micro sim, but i had my iPhone 4s with the same problem and i saw online tutorial where u just cut micro sim out of a regular sim and everything worked fine....it didn't work with galaxy note 2 though....
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 uses a micro SIM. You may have properly cut your SIM card causing it to be smaller or bigger than it should be. To cut a regular SIM into a micro SIM, follow this:
- Download the SIM cutting template and print it at 100% scale on an A4 paper.
- Use a double sided tape to place the SIM card to the first template (Mini SIM 2FF to Micro SIM 3FF).
- With the SIM in place, trace through the lines to know the parts that need to be cut.
- Slowly and carefully cut through the lines drawn on your SIM card.
- Once you cut the SIM, smoothen out the edges.
If you want to use the same number of that SIM card that has been improperly cut, you can call on your network service provider's customer care and ask for a number transfer. This will transfer your number to a new SIM card allowing you to use the same number. There may be a minimal fee for this and you will be required for some identification and document. Inquire what needs to be complied to and the price from the customer representative.
Just waiting for my phone to be delievered when i was ordering it the salesperson was trying to explain about the sim being different which i did not quite understand . will my current standered sim not fit a note 3?
Just waiting for my phone to be delievered when i was ordering it the salesperson was trying to explain about the sim being different which i did not quite understand . will my current standered sim not fit a note 3
Howik QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Recent edits by: Eng, Howik Admin, Leomar Umpad
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 9,121 times.