Connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 or 3 (tab 10.1, Tab 8.9, Tab 7.7, Tab 7.0 Plus) to your TV
Edited by Lynn, Eng, Send2marto, sheryl hernandez and 13 others
A big screen greatly enhances watching TV or movies, but what if you want to watch movies or TV shows on Netflix, or the movie is saved on your Samsung Galaxy tablet - how do you watch it on your big screen TV? You can mirror the screen of your Galaxy Tab 2 on your HDTV, which requires a special adapter. A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 doesn't have a HDMI slot, so you will need an adapter to attach an HDMI cable to the Galaxy in order to watch it in HDTV.
- 1Buy the Samsung EPL-3PHPBEGXAR Galaxy Tab HDTV Adapter.You can check on this at Amazon posting to get an idea of what the adapter looks like and its price.2You can purchase an HDMI cable at Amazon.It is a high-speed set of two 6.5 foot HDMI male-to-male cables. They are color-coded (blue and green) for convenient installing. The price is about $10. You may check on this Amazon posting of an HDMI male to male cableto know what the item looks like and how much it normally costs.3Connect the Samsung Adapter to your Galaxy Tab 2.4Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the adapter and the other end of the cable to your HDTV HDMI slot.5Select the HDMI slot on your TV that you used.Open your Galaxy Tab 2.6The screen of your device should now appear on the TV screen.7
How to turn on Screen Mirroring in Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, Note 2, Tab 2 wirelessly
- 1Go to Samsung Smartview.2Have your compatible TV turned on.3Tap the "Samsung Smartview" icon.It will post a message that it is connecting, for about 20 seconds.4Once connected, the screen will ask if you want Bluetooth to power the connection.Tap "No".5Within a few seconds, you will have a simultaneous mirrored broadcast on your Samsung Galaxy screen and TV, wirelessly.6
How to turn on Screen Mirroring in Samsung Galaxy S2, S3 and Note 2 with an HDTV adapter
Your Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, and Note 2 are very powerful mobile devices, and can not only record and replay videos, but can easily mirror your TV viewing on its screen as well. You just need to connect the HDTV adaptor as shown, and you are set to enjoy whatever is showing on your compatible TV onto your Galaxy S2, S3, or Note 2 screen. This device is an authentic Samsung part that will work on any of these Samsung devices.
Thanks Mobile Fun
How to turn on Screen Mirroring in Samsung Tab 2 7.0
To allow screen mirroring between your compatible TV and your Samsung Tab2 7.0, I recommend the 30-pin micro-adaptor and HDMI micro cable. This adapter is compatible with the Samsung 2 7.0, which has a 30-pin HDMI slot. Here is the link so that it and the HDMI micro cable can be purchased.
How to connect HDMI to TV From a Tab
- 1Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of your Tab.It does not matter which of the two ends you wish to connect.2Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of your TV.3Be sure to set the source of TV display to HDMI.Refer to your TV's manual on how to set the source of your TV output. Usually, there is a button on your TV's remote control that says "Source". If you can find one, press that and find the HDMI option.4Enjoy!5
Can the Galaxy Tab 2 be connected to your TV via the adapter and HDMI cable?
- 1Insert the HDMI cable on the TV/monitor's HDMI port.2Plug the HDMI adaptor into the tablet.3Plug the AC adapter into the power.4Plug the other end to the USB port of the HDMI adapter.5Plug the HMDI cable into the HDMI port of the adapter.6It should now be ready to use.7
Streaming Netflix app to TV from Tab
- 1Follow the directions above to connect your tablet to your TV.2Open the Netflix application on your tablet and log in.3Once you are able to log in, you can see the movie selection.4Just select the movie you want to watch on your tablet.5Now the streaming will begin, and since your tablet is mirrored on your TV, you can also enjoy and watch the movie of your choice from your TV.6
Mirroring Samsung Tab or other Samsung unit to Samsung TV
Samsung Link service can help you play saved files from any devices over the internet, and you can watch and play contents within your network and share them with other devices, storage service(Samsung link) or websites with the help of Samsung Link.
Samsung Link is a registered service from the mentioned brand. Therefore, it can only be used on the same brand with the same service or account. Note that there are only limited features, but more to come in the future from Samsung, such as for your television, cameras, phones and other devices.
Samsung Link can help you stream your media library in a painless way. You can listen to your music from the your storage file, view photos from web services and share with your friends, from your mobile device to a bigger screen or wide screen, and transfer or watch saved videos on your mobile over the wireless network connection.
You need to register first to take full advantage of the service from Samsung with no restriction to access any of your content, like from your phone to PC, or TV to your home devices, and any sort of support from them.
How to start
- 1Go to your computer and register first or connect to link.samsung.com.2Sign up for an account.(If you have a Samsung account already, there's no need to register, but simply sign in instead.)3Download the software and install it on your computer.Allow any restriction on the web page.4Register your computer or PC by clicking the "Registering a PC" button on your screen.5After registering a PC, it will show all contents in the library (from the registered computer).You can change the folder in the "Settings" menu.6Once you have done all the steps, you are good to go now and you can enjoy the Samsung link.See the following list of things you can do:
7If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
- Play files from any Samsung devices connected to the network.
- Play files from any remote devices.
- Transfer files via wireless to other supported devices.
- Upload files to a storage cloud or services.
- You can transfer or share files with any of your friends.
- You can also upload files to a web service.
You need to register a storage service (storage cloud) for your Samsung Link and use it on your device for easy access of the saved contents, regardless if the device is turned off.
Register from a mobile phone for Samsung Link
- 1Download the software application or the installer and launch it on your mobile devices (any).2If you do not have a Samsung account, tap "Sign in" instead of "Start".Click "Start" if you have an account already.3Follow the instructions to create an account for your Samsung Link.If you already added the account, there is no need add in the field.4Once registered, you can view what you have registered on the list of items, such as PCs, laptops and any other devices.5Tap the plus (+) sign to register a storage services account.After following the steps given above, it should work for you.6
Using Samsung TV with AllShare
Samsung devices have a feature to allow you to configure your device to share files to other Samsung products aside from Samsung Link. This is called AllShare. Samsung is DLNA certified, meaning you can stream, view, watch or listen to your media files within your own network or even to brands with DLNA certification. Note that not all Samsung TVs have the function for AllShare.
- 1Connect your TV to your home network, either wired or wireless.
- Wired Connection:
- Get an Ethernet cord to connect to your TV and the other end to your router. From the LAN port of the router to the LAN port on your TV.
- Point the remote control at your television and press the "Menu" button, then use the directional arrow (Dpad) to navigate.
- Now, select "Setup" from the list and hit "Network".
- Select the network type as "Wired" and hit enter.
- Select your network setup and make sure to set the following to auto or dynamic: Internet Protocol Setup and DNS.
- Press enter and select "Network test", and then wait until it's done. If the connection test fails, check to ensure that the Ethernet cord is securely plugged in, and try to power cycle the router (turn off for one minute and turn it back on after).
- Wireless connection:
2Install a Share Manager program on your computer that came in the package with your television.3Run the executable file and select the language you prefer.4Wait for the Installation setup wizard to complete and agree or accept the terms and conditions being set by Samsung.5Wait for the installation to complete everything on the setup and hit "Finish".Do not forget to check a shortcut on your desktop. You can also go to Start > Programs > Samsung > AllShare > Samsung AllShare.6Configure your PC AllShare manager
- Connect the wireless adapter that came in the package, or purchase one if it does not have the LinkStick WIS09ABGN. Connect it to the USB port on your TV.
- Point the remote again at your TV and press "Menu".
- Look for the "Network" again and press "Enter".
- Select the Network type as "Wireless" and hit "Next" or "Enter".
- Select the network setup and then select a network.
- Wait for the list of networks that you can select, then select your own wireless access point.
- Type in your password to authenticate the request and do an Internet connection test.
7On your tablet, launch the AllShare App to mirror your device to a bigger screen.8For your TV, just point the remote at the television and press the "MEDIA.P" button to open the menu, where you can stream all media files and enjoy.9
- Turn on your television and your computer.
- Launch the program "Samsung PC AllShare manager"
- On the tabs above, click the "Share" button and select the "Set Device Policy" from the drop down menu.
- A set policy should appear on screen, and you should click "Accept" on your Samsung TV. It will also show the IP address. Once you accept it, your television should be able to view all DLNA certified products. Follow the same concept for tablets, and make sure to accept it in the Set Security Policy.
Mirroring Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Galaxy Note II and Galaxy Note 10.1 using third party device?
Did you know that you can also push the images from your Samsung unit (from the aforementioned model) using third party equipment? Even if you don't have a Samsung TV, these steps can help you learn how to do it:
- 1Any of the aforementioned models from Samsung.2A television that can support HD and has an HDMI port, whether a Samsung brand or not a Samsung brand TV.3HDMI cord.4A PTV3000 adapter made by NETGEAR.5If this wiki helped you... Give our volunteer authors a
- 1Connect the HDMI cord to your HDTV and the other end to the PTV3000.2Boot up the TV first then the PTV3000 and change the program to HDMI 1 to 2, or to where you plug the cord.3Wait for your HDTV screen to pop up as "Ready for connection", so you can proceed to the next step.45Select "More settings" on your phone from the list of items under settings.67Wait for the device to start scanning for available WiDi (Wireless Display).8Tap the PTV3000 from the list to continue to the next step.9Wait for the Samsung device to connect to the PTV3000.1011Once it's connected, you should be able to see your phone screen on your HDTV screen.12
Connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.8 to your TV using MHL cable
If you do not have these accessories yet, you can get them at eBay or Amazon.
- 1What you need:
- MHL to HDMI adapter kit (This should include an MHL to HDMI video converter, Micro USB 5 Pin to 11 Pin adapter, Micro USB male to male MHL cable).
- USB Power adapter
- Micro USB 5 Pin power supply cable
- Connect the power supply cable to the micro USB power port of the MHL to HDMI video converter, and the other end to the USB power adapter. Plug it into the wall socket or surge protector. The indicator light should light up.
- Connect the micro USB male to male MHL cable to the converter’s MHL signal input port and the other end to the micro USB 5 Pin port. Plug the 11 Pin end into the USB port of your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.8.
- Plug the converter’s HMDI output into the HMDI port of your TV. Your tablet’s screen should now display on your TV. You can control everything from your tablet and see it on the TV.
What is the HDMI cable?
- 1You have connected your HDTV to your Samsung Galaxy with an HDMI cable, but just what HDMI cable should you use?There are a few points regarding your choice. Although any HDMI cable will connect your devices, there are differences among them regarding the quality of build and their length.2Most importantly, you must find an HDMI cable that is long enough to connect your HDTV playback from your Galaxy.The more expensive ones are longer, but worth it if you want to be able to play back your videos. You should use an HDMI cable that is high speed, also. Usually, it is even cheaper than the standard HDMI cable.3If you have a Galaxy S4, you will need an MHL adapter with the cable.You can use any HDMI input port, but you must remember which one you have it plugged into so that it is easier to find the correct channel. Regarding the right cable, there are a few differences among them due to how they are manufactured, and the materials used to construct them. Note that the Nexus between the cable harness and connector can break when the cable is bent frequently and/or bent too much.4The insulation, or shielding, as it is also called, must be thick enough so that there is no signal interference.If you have inferior quality insulation that is typically more rigid and thinner, you will have problems with both audio and video streaming. Ensure that your HDMI cable has extra insulation when your TV and Galaxy are connected near an electric power line.5The numbering system to designate cable quality was taken away from the cables.Any HDMI cable labeled with a logo saying, “High Speed HDMI” will handle transmitting the required bandwidth.6Today’s devices of higher complexity need a transmission rate of at least 10 Gbps.You can check if you have the right cable by reading the HDMI cable product details. As mentioned, the HDMI High Speed cables are actually less costly these days than the standard ones. This is due to the high volume of the high speed HDMI cables that are sold.7In conclusion, you may ask, then, if you should buy the cheapest HDMI cable.8
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- The Tab 2 supports HD up to 1080p.
- You can simultaneously charge your Galaxy Tab while streaming video with a charger sold separately.
Questions and Answers
How to connect Tab 3 to TV via MHL to HDMI?
Micro USB MHL to HDMI video converter
To connect your Tab 3 to TV using MHL to HDMI, these are the things that you will need:
- Wall charger
- MHL to HDMI adapter
- 10-foot micro USB 5-pin power cable
Make sure that your MHL to HDMI adapter includes the following:
- - It should have an MHL signal input port, micro USB power port, indicator light of power and HDMI output port.
- - 11-pin male port where you input your Tab 3 and 5-pin female port.
Here’s how you can connect your device:
- Connect the power supply cable and wall charger (
- Connect the MHL cable. Plug the other end of the MHL cable into the micro USB 5-pin female port, while the micro USB 11-pin male MHL end cable is connected to your Tab 3.
- Find the HDML port of your HDTV, and plug the HDML male end into the HDML female port.
- The Tab 3 screen is now displayed on your HDTV. You can enjoy browsing, viewing and streaming on your TV.
See more questions like this: Connect Galaxy Tab 3 to TV via USB
Is it possible to use the Samsung Note 2 Mirror feature without adapter?
If you are trying to mirror your Samsung Note 2 without using any adapter, it does not work. It is not possible because the adapter is the only way to mirror features of a device to another device. An adapter allows you to display your Samsung phone's content on a larger screen. Mirror what's on your phone to an easier-to-watch TV screen, stream your favorite music, TV channels or movies, view pictures, and browse the internet. You can mirror features and everything on your phone to a larger screen display.
Samsung Note 2 can support either a micro USB 5 pin or a micro USB 11 pin to connect.
See more questions like this: Can one mirror neftlix from note 3 cell phone to a samsung tablet
What is Smartview? Is this on the phone or TV?
Smartview is an application on your Galaxy tab. This application will bridge your Smart TV and your Samsung Galaxy Tab. Aside from allowing screen-mirroring from your phone's screen to your TV, Smartview also allows you to watch TV content on your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
I cannot find the Samsung SmartView?
SmartView is an application that is compatible with Samsung Smart TV. Using the application, you can control your Smart TV using your Samsung Galaxy Tab. If you do not have the application yet on your device, then follow the procedures below to download and install the application to your Galaxy Tab.
- Go to your Home screen by tapping on the Home button on the screen.
- From the Home screen, tap on the Apps icon to view all of the applications installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- From the application list, tap on the Play Store app to open it.
- On Play Store, search for the keyword, "SmartView".
- Download the first result from the list.
- On the SmartView application page, tap on the "Install" button to download the application on your device.
- After download, the application will be automatically installed on your Galaxy Tab.
- You now have SmartView on your device.
You can also download the application directly from the mobile browser by going to Play Store's web version download page for Samsung Smart View.
I'd like to know how to connect the Samsung Adapter to my Galaxy Tab 2?
Detailed instructions, with pictures, on how to connect the Samsung Adapter cable to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 are available in the earlier sections of this article. Click HERE to go directly to that section.
See more questions like this: What lead do I need to connect Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to TV
Screen mirroring does not work on all TVs?
You should note that Screen mirroring is only available for Samsung Smart TV and those televisions that support HDMI connection. Other non-HDMI and non-Smart TV's will not be able to mirror your Samsung Galaxy Tab's screen.
See more questions like this: I am trying to set up screen mirroring
I bought the wrong adapter cable; help?
If you have just bought it, you can ask if the seller would allow for a replacement with the right adapter cable. This time, make sure that you order the right adapter for your Galaxy Tab. You can check on this Amazon posting for a Samsung HDMI Adapter for Samsung Galaxy Tab for a guide on what it looks like and for an idea of its price.
My tv says registration failed when trying to screen mirror from my galaxy tab 3?
This is a common problem if you are using custom ROM. You need to flash the original firmware of your Tab 3. If you want to stick with the same custom ROM, you need to turn off HDCP under Home > Settings > More > Developer options.
If you are not using a custom ROM, then update both of your devices. Update your TV to its latest firmware. Update your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 to the latest Android version by going to Home > Settings > More > About device > Software update > Update. Check if there is a new avaiable update and install it to your device.
See more questions like this: Does the galaxy tab 3 7.0 inch have screen mirroring
Can you hook up a 30-pin cable to a Samsung Tab 10.1?
Yes, you can hook up a 30-pin cable to your Samsung Tab 10.1. One example is the USB OTG Adapter Cable. It is very reasonably priced at about , but online you may be able to find it for about . Such a cable is multi-purpose because it connect has a USB connector.
- With the 30-pin cable, you can connect memory card readers, another keyboard, mouse, dongles, and more, thanks to its USB capabilities.
- Thanks to the 30-pin USB connection, you can download multi-media files and favorite photos from your digital camera. You also can easily have instant removable data storage as well.
- With the 30-pin adapter cable, you can usually pair it with any other Samsung device.
- There is also the Samsung Galaxy Tab 30-pin adapter for travel that has a detachable cable. It is popular with Galaxy owners who are often on the go. It is typically about , but online you may be able to get a sale price of about for this item.
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab 30-pin Travel Adapter has a conveniently small travel charger and a detachable cable.
See more questions like this: Hi! I have a Galaxy Tab2 10.1 P5110, and I've recently bought a Samsung HD adapter. Now it seems that it's not possible to output from this tab to a tv set with a HDMI cable, is this really so
I cannot connect tab3 10.1 to TV or external screen, what will I do?
Other than tab3 7" or 8" the tab3 10.1" does not mirror its screen. I used a HML adapter (mini USB to VGA). This works on my Samsung S2plus phone, not on the tab3 10.1". Also software screen mirroring on tab 3 10.1 is mi8ssing. Samsung support tells m Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 does not support screen mirroring. This has something to do with its Intel processor that does not efficiently support screen mirroring. This is the reason you will not find any option for screen mirroring on your Tab 3 10.1. We have another option for you; you can download a mirroring application called / MirrorOp on Play Store to mirror your Tab 3 10.1's screen to your TV. The audio would still play on your Tab though.
See more questions like this: Connecting my SAMSUNG TAB 2 10.1" to my Panasonic TV
I have bought a hot adapter and have plugged hemi into it and then in to the tablet but nothing happens?
Make sure that you bought the correct cable. You should buy a Galaxy Tab HDTV Adapter and an HDMI Male to Male Cable. Follow the instructions above to mirror screen from you Galaxy Tab to your TV. If you used the right cable and followed the right procedures, you may check on these possibilities:
- Check if there is a problem with any of your cables. You can ask the help friends who have successfully mirrored their devices to their TVs. Let them try out your cables to check if there is any problem with one of them. Replace any cable that is found to be defective. Never attempt of fixing cable problems.
'*Check if there is a problem with any of your Galaxy Tab. Like the cables, you can also ask the help of your friends. If you will find out that it is a problem with your Galaxy Tab, then updates it with the latest Android version. If your device is updated, have it checked by a Samsung service center.
- Check if there is a problem with your TV. Again, ask the help of your friends. Borrow a working Tab and cables and connect them to your TV. If they won't work on your TV, but are perfectly working on other TVs, then your TV may have problems. Have it checked by an accredited technician.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. I would like to connect it to a big screen TV. I have one HDMI cable. I also have a dongle which I can All Share Cast. However, I would just like to use the HDMI cable. But, when I connect to the HDMI port in
Make sure that you have the correct adapter cable. Aside from the cable, you also need an HDMI Male to Male Cable. Other HDMI cable won't work. Read through the article again to check the items that you need and the correct instructions on how to mirror your phone's screen. After making sure that everything is fine, follow the other things that should be checked on Question#16?
What connectors or cables are needed?
I have got loess TL66 as an intermediate adapter, is this compatible?
As long as your adapted is made for the Galaxy Tab and for an HDTV, then that can be compatible. To be sure, you can check with someone who is able to successfully mirror his/her device to the TV. Ask them to use your adapter instead of theirs and check ifs mirroring still works.
It won't come up when I connect it all?
I have done what you said in the letter
Howik QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Galaxytab 3a p5210 version to a projector?
I am doing a computer group demo and would like to project my GT screen for all to see. So far I have seen that no I cant connect a MHL to HDMI adapter to the GT and a little later I can, which answer is correct and do I need to load an app to use it Rgrds Peter
This depends on your projector. You will have to make sure you have an output (on projector and tab 3) that is compatible with (a mini-usb to usb/HDMI/RCA/wireless)your projector. Enable both devices for mirroring mode or go to HDMI (on your projector if connected via HDMI) and you are good to go.
You can also watch this how-to video:
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 97,215 times.
- Wired Connection: