Cheat Pokemon Light Platinum (on GBA Emulator)
Edited by Adrian Penaflor, Lynn, Joel M. Andre, Alma and 2 others
The GBA emulator is a fun tool because you can use Gameshark codes to cheat in the game Pokemon Light Platinum. Here is a 'HowTo' on Pokemon Light Platinum that looks at how to get unlimited Master balls (level up/evolve faster), Rare Candy, Money, etc.
- 1Open the VisualBoyAdvance.
- 2Start the Pokemon Light Platinum game emulator.
- 3Go to a Pokemon Center (to access the PC).
- 4On your VisualBoyAdvance, go to “Cheats” menu and then “Cheat list”.
- 5Click “Gameshark”.
- 6Enter the following cheat codes one at the time:
DCEEEC34AFEADC26 D261DC6D197B4DC2 280EA26688A62E5C
82025BD00044 D261DC6D197B4DC2 280EA26688A62E5C
First PC slot item becomes 99:
Your cheat list should look like this:
- 1Click "OK" after adding in the cheat codes.
- 2Go back to the game and access the PC.
- 3Select "Own" PC.
- 4Go to “Item Storage” and then “Withdraw Item”.
- 5You should see the following:
- MASTER BALL X99 (infinite)
- RARE CANDY x?0 (over 9,999)
- Keep withdrawing 99 items until you have enough for your quest.
- Note: Ignore the Rare Candy x?0, just keep withdrawing until you have enough Rare Candy.
Here are other codes:
Walk through walls:
- (You can now go to around hard to reach places on the map.)
- (Look at that money. You'll be rich in this game!)
- You can also check this Youtube instruction:
Pokemon Light Platinum 99 Items
- You can force the first item in your inventory to have x99 available by entering the code:
- You can then move any inventory item into the first slot to perform this cheat on the item.
How to Level up Fast
The best way to level up in Pokemon Light Platinum is to keep battling wild Pokemon or fighting trainers along the routes.
- 1Trainers can be found along every route and they will automatically confront you for battle when they have a direct line of sight to your character.The further you progress through the game, the stronger these trainers will be, and of course you will get more EXP for defeating higher level Pokemon.
- 2You can encounter wild Pokemon in any tall grass.Simply keep running around in the grass to encounter a new Pokemon. If you're just looking to level your party without exploring the game yet, you can spend as long as you want in the long grass. Once your Pokemon have progressed around 5 levels over the wild Pokemon, it's best to travel to a further area where the Pokemon will be of a higher level, allowing you to gain more EXP so you will level up even faster.
- 3You can use an item like EXP SHARE.Give the item to a Pokemon that you want to receive a portion of the EXP gained in battle. This would be a Pokemon who is not actually fighting and it's a great way to level two Pokemon at the same time.
- 4If you want to increase the level of your whole party, be sure to rotate the Pokemon in the first slot so that they can all get some EXP from battle.You can also switch Pokemon during battle but it's best to only do this if you're fighting another trainer and they're also about to bring out a new Pokemon.
Pokemon Light Platinum Glitches
- Movable crates in the game will not block random trainers from seeing you. So if you're trying to use a crate to avoid fighting a trainer on any of the routes, think again, because the trainer will walk right through it.
- The sound effects for the Pokemon in the game sometimes do not match the Pokemon that's making them. This was presumably overlooked when the developer hacked the original ROM and added custom Pokemon.
- Various notes throughout the game (such as in the pokedex) have incorrect information relating to Pokemon and items. This again is a carryover from the original ROM that was not changed with the mod.
- Many users report glitches at different points of the game. At the Flamerny City, there is a trainer blocking the cave, and sometimes even after completing the prerequisites, you can still not pass the trainer. Most users in this case would have to start their game again or try restarting and loading from an earlier save state.
- Using the in game menu save feature can glitch many parts of the game, making it impossible to complete. Always use save states rather than the in game save feature.
- You can obtain unlimited Master Balls after you receive the master ball in the last room of the Team Steam Base. There is a tree at the bottom of the room on the left hand side. If you stand above the tree and leave a one tile (one press of the DPAD) space while facing toward the tree, you can press the "Action" button to find another Master Ball here. You can then leave the room and come back to repeat the process and continue performing the glitch as many times as you like.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Be careful using the Wall hack because you might get stuck in some areas.
- Disable the cheat if you are on using it, to prevent glitches or being stuck in the game.
- To disable the cheat on the game, go to "Cheats" > "Disable cheats".
- You can download a GBA emulator here: (http://coolrom.com/emulators/gba/)
- You can download cheat codes here: (http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/gameshark_codes/)
- Related HowTo article: (http://howik.com/Cheat_on_your_GBA_emulator)