Activate Glove Mode on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Rich, Lynn, Eng
This is part of the Howik on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main Howik on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 Howik Articles
Samsung Galaxy S4 has optimized the touch screen to recognize inputs using fingers. When using anything other than your fingers, Samsung Galaxy S4's touch screen may not respond normally. There may have been times when you have tried to use your phone while wearing a glove, but noticed that it does not respond well to the inputs. Samsung has devised a way to deal with this and created an option to make the touch screen more sensitive so as to recognize inputs using gloves. To activate "Glove Mode," simply follow on the steps below:
Activating Samsung Glove Mode
- 1Go to your Home menu.
- 2Tap on the "Applications" icon.
- 3In the Applications folder, tap on "Settings" (gear icon).
- 4In Settings, tap on "My Device."
- 5Under My Device, tap on "Display."
- 6Under Display, tick on "High Touch Sensitivity."
How to turn off Glove Mode
- 1Navigate to the Home menu.
- 2Select the "Applications" icon.
- 3Open "Settings."
- 4Select "My Device."
- 5Scroll down to "Display."
- 6Deselect the "High Touch Sensitivity," by tapping to uncheck the box next to it.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Leather gloves works best under this mode. Gloves made of other materials may still not work that well.
- You have to tap the touch screen more firmly than you would with bare fingers to relay the desired input on the touchscreen.
- If you are not wearing gloves, turn off the High Sensitivity Mode, as operating in this mode with bare fingers may cause unintended touch inputs on your phone.